Bringing up Mumma

Let’s see how children treat parents and more importantly their mothers these days as if they are the ones bringing up their mumma!

Did you think you were raising your child! Nah!

I think its the other way round these days.

Take a look! 
===========
Kashvi, my 10 year old daughter, asks:

If you get 6 on a dice, 59 times what is the probability of getting a 6 on the 60th chance.?

While I kept  thinking, my 13 year old son overheard us and joined - It is16.66..Now there was some math probability involved.He pretty well knew neither kashvi nor I would have challenged him on that..

My brain cells still kept thinking ...Then my daughter looked at my face and questioned - Give up ? 

I said - Fine.

She said... Mumma...its soo easy...obviously the dice is bewitched if u get a six 59 times...So you will surely get a 6 on the 60th too!

Her answer didn't surprise me as she had recently been watching and reading Harry Potter movies and books! 

I was completely bowled over!

========
I was about to serve lunch after working for 2 hours in the kitchen when my son got up and started cooking maggi.

I scolded him and said _ Beta, maggi is for those times when mom delays lunch or dinner or when I don't feel like cooking.Why eat junk when fresh food is available!

My son quipped - Reality is often disappointing!
I got angry and I asked - What do u mean? What is the reality here! 

He smiled and said - Mom, reality is that the food will be left over ...And you will regret, as you would not be able to eat fresh food next time !

=============== 

At the table yesterday, my son asked the meaning of something.

I said - दिन भर ipad पर बैठे रहते हो।Meaning खोज नहीं सकते, क्या?

He gave me a serious look and said - जब छोटे में पूछते थे तो वाह बेटा बहुत curious हो तुम, और पूछो ना और जब बड़े हो कर पूछते हैं तो बोलती हो एकदम बेवकूफ हो।अपने खोज नहीं सकते क्या!

He had said that so innocently that I could not help laughing and the whole dining room echoed with laughter!

He was so right, I thought. Children start teaching u when u teach them too much!



======================================

One day my 12 year old son was giving me a hard time. I sat down on a chair and held my head down, agitated, depressed and furious...and said...OH why did I give birth to you!..

My son immediately replied, without second thought, "अपना सोच बदलो".

He was right! I realised how children teach us so many things...yes, I needed to change my perspective! How can I even think of saying that to my child for whom I had prayed to God so many times and had finally had him after 8 years of marriage !

===================================================================
From children's perspective: How they see their Mom and Dad even when they find their parents are mostly in argument with each other !

I asked my 9 year old daughter whether she can teach me how to cycle.

She said, ma it's easy!

First you learn on a four wheeler,

Then on a three wheeler,

Then on a two wheeler! Bingo!...Easy, isnt it!

I asked her who will come to save me if I fall.

She said 'Papa'.

===============================
Kashvi says - Ma, I have made a new definition of a submarine.

I asked her what.

She said: It’s a ship that sinks on purpose.

I thought that was quite clever.


Comments

Popular Posts